Saturday, October 26, 2019

TVR - A Little Polishing

A Little Polishing
Written by Darren Jones   
Feb 03, 2014 at 07:01 AM

Taking an easy weekend in the garage before I get into slotting the exhaust manifolds before refitting.  Having got stuck on radiator removal I decided to clean up the garage and some parts in the engine bay.

Specifically the expansion tank.


And the swirl tank.


Started out with some fine sanding disks, then some finer paper, but was not making too good progress and kept draining the battery on my drill.  Then I remember, I watch car programs on TV, I know how they do this.....what I need is a polishing wheel Smile

A little shopping trip later I've got myself a new polishing wheel and some supplies.  Am still learning, and the biggest challenge so far seems to be in knowing which compounds to use and I think I'll get some sent over that I know what they are for.  Am not finished on these yet, but I think not too bad for a first pass.

Expansion tank


Swirl Tank


No comments:

Post a Comment