Sunday, November 3, 2019

TVR - Re-colouring the leather

Re-colouring the leather
Written by Darren Jones   
Jul 15, 2014 at 02:57 PM

So the car is now off the road for a while.  The shakken has expired and won't be renewed until I've rebuilt to car to my liking.  However this is going to cost some money and have some waiting time as various parts are found and shipped to be fitted.  First target will be a cooling system upgrade, but while I'm waiting on some prices and availability, will start on the interior.

Am not a fan of my dull grey interior.  Love the leather and wood trim, just the colour does not do much for me and there are better colour combinations out there.  So over the next few months I will be doing a re-trim of the interior.  The first step is to do a test and see if I can handle this myself.

Step 1 is get the smallest piece of leather trim off the car possible.


Next is to carefully follow each of the instructions in the small leather colour kit from Furniture Clinic
Then after about a day of work with various drying times....tada!!!!

Very easy and a good quality finish, even if I do say so myself.  The kit comes complete with all the cleaners, preparation, colourants, finishers, and spray kit you need to do the job.  The only difference in the kit I received to the one the folks in the UK would receive, is I do not get a can of gas for the spray due to postage restrictions.  Not an issue though as I have a mini compressor for modelling that works just as good if not better.


No comments:

Post a Comment