Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Laser - Paint Station Project

This was a mini-project I completed one morning.  I had been doing a few models for painting and assembly at my desk.  The desk was getting a little cluttered and at real risk of me knocking a paint pot over creating an unwanted desk art 😒  Added to this, more than once I have been on hands and knees looking for a small screw or piece of model that I had dropped.

Enough was enough, time to get organized.  The following was done around a basic requirement for the work area.  This had to be the size of an A4 sheet of paper.  More than enough for the scale models and projects I work on.  So work area mapped out, add in some room for tools, paint pots and a loupe and I had the base.

Next to create the sides and locations for the paint pots to be kept securely.  A tight plan here as needing to try and keep the restraints of the whole project coming out of two sheets of 300mm x 400mm MDF.

A quick bit of assembly and dabs of wood glue and all done!

Here is where my limitation of the A4 size comes in to play.  it is now a simple job to keep the work area clean.  Once it becomes covered in paint, just drop in a fresh piece of A4.  All those tiny pieces can now be kept on a nice clean area and easy to see, harder to knock off the desk.  Paint pots will now also have less chance of tipping over.  The loupe is a clip on type and snuggles neatly between the paint pots and onto a piece of MDF between them.

A good mornings work.

No comments:

Post a Comment